- 1. Review, propose, approve and monitor the implementation of policies in the Prisons Department of Malaysia, the National Anti-Drugs Agency and the Department of Volunteers, Malaysia to meet the requirements of stakeholders and to fulfill customers’ satisfaction in accordance with the Ministry's vision and mission.
2. Draft and amend laws and regulations to meet the current needs of agencies and national policies.
3. Provide feedbacks and identify appropriate improvements on suggestions and complaints received relating to Prisons, Anti-Drugs and Volunteerism.
4. Conduct secretarial duties related to Prisons, Anti-Drugs and Volunteerism.
5. Process the application of the National Defense Fund (TAPPN) from the Prisons Department of Malaysia, the National Anti-Drugs Agency, the Department of Volunteer Malaysia, the Border Control Agency and the Immigration Department of Malaysia
6. Process the approval for the gazettement of prisons, Henry Gurney Schools, Moral Rehabilitation Centers, Drug Rehabilitation Centers and Private Drug Rehabilitation Centers.
7. Process the approval for the appointment of Board of Visitors in Prisons, Henry Gurney Schools, Moral Rehabilitation Centers and Drug Rehabilitation Centers.
8. Prepare memorandums and notes to the Cabinet and provide comments on memorandums from other Ministries, brief notes, talking points, comments and feedbacks relating to Prisons, Anti-Drugs and Volunteerism policies.